Plant Boy creates wonderfully colourful illustrations featuring people, plants and honesty.
You can also find more of their work on instagram HERE!
Now it's time for the Q & A!
1. What's your favourite fictitious Ghost from popular media?
Definelty the anxious and sweet Napstablook from Undertale
2. What's the best item in your pencil case?
All of my colorfull Poscas !
3. Paint? Pencil? or Tablet?
Paint !, I used to hate painting my art but paint helps me relax and worry less about making the drawing perfects
4. What's your go-to motivational album?
My lo-fi playlist on spotify always helps me focus, it has amazing music like “rosemary” by eeve and “I Fall In Love Too Fast” by Caleb Belkin and also horror podcasts like “ no sleep podcast” and “ and that why we drink” are a definite favourite of mine.
5. How would you describe your work? Are there any common themes?
Colourful and a bit sad , self love and self help is always the theme I focus on portraying .
6. What's your proudest piece that you've worked on?
I think this collab with the Sad Ghost Club if my proudest work so far for sure!
7. Do you have any/many artist rituals?
Usually I like making a cup of tea but besides that not really, I just grab a pen and draw
8. What motivates you?
My followers and all the people that send me messages that tell me they love my art and that it makes them smile.
9. What do you do, that you think no one else does whilst working?
Listen to scary stories and play horror movies in the background !
10. Who are you inspired by?
Just so happens that my favourite artist for the longest of times has been Lize Meddings, all her work inspired me to start getting more into self love and self care. It made me feel less alone and I could see that there where more people like more struggling with their mental issues. Also b_mure , dortyparker and princedesoies !
11. What's your favourite way to practice self care?
(Especially after a busy week)
Probably petting my cats and guinea pig because helps me a lot with my anxiety, as well is small things like using my binder and my favourite shirt it helps me a lot with my dysphoria!